Top 5 Tuesday is created and hosted by amazing Shanah at Bionic Book Worm. Every Tuesday we have a different topic to talk about and today’s topic is opening lines!
Ohh, Shanah really made it hard this week! This one requires some serious brain work to be done as well. I like it!
The monster showed up just after midnight.
– A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Even before he got electrocuted, Jason was having a rotten day.
– The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.
– Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
So here’s the file that almost killed me, Director.
– Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
If I have learned anything in this long life of mine, it is this: In love we find out who we want to be; in war we find out who we are.
– The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah