Hello you guys! Last Saturday I posted nothing because I didn’t have time to write it beforehand and schedule it and Saturday we had our daughters Christening and when we got home, I was way too tired to do anything. But today I give Reader Problems tag! And as usual, I haven’t been tagged to do this, just found it searching Google so let’s just get on with it.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I’m 100% mood reader. As you may have noticed, I don’t always stay in the plan of my WWW Wednesdays. I just pick up whatever book that is ‘calling my name’ at the time.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
There was a time when I pushed myself through books I hated and therefore pushed myself in a reading slump. Now I have learned the art of DNF. So if a book is that bad that I don’t enjoy one bit reading it, I just simply don’t finish it. There’s no point in reading something you just don’t enjoy at all. But if it’s somewhat readable, I make my way till the end.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I’ve been there (is there someone out there who hasn’t?)! I try to not care about that challenge too much and take no stress about it but usually it happens to be something I just have to complete. One year I just simply changed my goal at the end of the year so that I can manage to complete it. 😀 But other than that I try to read smaller books that are fast to read.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I honestly don’t mind. I actually have two books of The Mortal Instruments on my self at the moment and one has the TV show cover and the other has the original cover. But what do annoy me sometimes is the height of the books. I mean why the first book of the series is like super small and then the next one is way taller?
5. Everyone and their mother love a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I really don’t have friends that read. My sister is the only one who reads and we have very different taste in books. So usually the one who gets to hear my rantings about something I didn’t like but everyone else loves is my hubby. 😀
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I recently listened to The Giver when we were going to the library with my kids and I just straight upstarted crying ’cause there was something that really hit me. I tried to pull it together and said to my kids “it’s just the flu, it makes my eyes water” 😀
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?
Uhm, I just try to find some super spoiler review about the book and if I’m feeling way too lazy to do that, I just go straight in the sequel and hope for the best.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. Borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I usually just borrow my books if someone asks that. But if for some reason I wouldn’t want to do that, I’d just say that I don’t feel comfortable borrowing my books to anyone.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Been there and done that. Throne of Glass series has been something to pull me out of the slump but other than that I just watch tons of Netflix shows and movies and play sims until I feel like reading again.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
All of them? If it’s something I’m really really wanting to read, I buy it. But if it’s something I’d like to read, I try to get it from the library.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
I’d like to say not long but that would be a lie. I do try to read every book I’ve bought before buying new ones though. So every book in my shelf will be read at some point, depending on how long it takes me to read them. Well there is always the books I DNF but other than that, I don’t buy new books before reading the others, usually 😀
And there you have it! How do you cope with the mentioned reader problems?